Serves 2 as a main dish or
4 as a side dish.
4 cups leftover cold cooked rice
300g shrimps, shelled and deveined
1 can sliced pineapples or equivalent in fresh pineapples
1 long red chilli, sliced
1 yellow capsicum, sliced
1/2 cup cashew nuts
2 spring onions, sliced
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
fresh coriander, finely chopped
1. In bowl mix together fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and turmeric. Set it aside.
2. In a wok add oil and stir-fry shrimps for 1-2 minutes or until cooked, remove from wok then set it aside
3. In the same wok add oil then saute garlic until golden brown.
4. Add the rice and stir-fry for a minute.
5. Pour in the fish sauce mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add the pineapples, capsicum, cashew, spring onions, cayenne pepper, shrimp and coriander, stir-fry for 2 more minutes then serve.